Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 1:26:51 AM(UTC)
davidem

I have a few autotags that I always copy as is to tags, so it would be nice if I could select the group, ctrl-c on the autotag, and paste as a normal tag. Or something slick like dragging from the autotag to the tag line, and have it apply to the current selection.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 7:51:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Dragging would be great, we will have to work on this at some point. CTRL-C shouldn't be a problem.

We are working on autotags as we speak, what I was thinking of adding would be a default mapping tag. So for example that each autotag could have a default mapping tag.

For example I have an autotag ManicTime, Programming which means I'm working on MT, but I can't add on which version or feature I'm working on, since the autotag can't figure this out. So I was thinking that each autotag could have a default mapping tag, something like

ManicTime, Programming -> ManicTime, Version 2.3, Autotags

Next week it could be ManicTime, Programming, Server tags

I know it would help me, but I don't want to complicate things, so we will see. One of the problems is that this still only works if you tag regularly. If you tag once a month you'd probably have to change this all the time.
davidem  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 6:14:35 PM(UTC)
davidem

yes, sometimes my tag categorization decisions would be different after a month, vs after a day or two. Perhaps, besides the basic paste (where the tag would be exactly the same as the autotag), you also offer a "paste special", that opens a tag dialog, prepopulated with the autotag, as if I had typed it in myself (so all the simlar matches show at the top), and also allow easy note entry.