Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:32:47 PM(UTC)
davidem

I have a server timeline from another computer that seems to have been clobbered when I published the same timeline from a different hostname/username. (The computer had to be rebuilt, and I just replaced the local db with the previous one when I reinstalled. All works as expected on the publishing machine/user.)

When I published the db again under the new user/machine, though, it mangled something about the timeline on the server. The old machine/user was devr83apz4/a115809. The new build assigned a new hostname, and I'm logging in under a different user (same base name, different AD domain).

The timelines used to be named on the server as:
"Wach Laptop : CIBNA\A115809 (DEVR83APZ4) - Applications", etc.

republishing the same local db to the server seems to have clobbered that name completely. They are all gone, while the new ones show up as:

"A115809 (DTCJPR83APZ4) - Tags", etc.

I understand they are identified by a magic number in the source db, so I would have expected the name to just be retained, rather than overwritten.

The result is that subscribing ManicTime sessions cannot seem to find the timelines, so I have to remove them and re-subscribe. On a small scale, this is no big deal, but it breaks any AutoTag rules that referred to the old subscribed timelines.
File Attachment(s):
overwritten timelines from new host.jpg (385kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
davidem attached the following image(s):
orphaned timeline subscription.jpg (167kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
davidem  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:35:45 PM(UTC)
davidem

I attached two images to this post, but only one is showing in the preview. When I go back to "Attach", it shows both files. Not sure what to make of that.