Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikep  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:09:46 PM(UTC)
mikep

It would be extremely useful if manic time would have Eclipse IDE support and get files and especially project names out of it.

Also, since you now support plugins, maybe you can create generic one that parses window titles based on regular expressions? eg:
rule1: Eclipse ([^/])/src/([^/]).* -> create category $1-$2 (which is project and package name).
rule2: Eclipse ([^/])/testsrc/something/([^/]).* -> same as above.
And yes, subcategories would be very useful also. It would enable me to say exactly how much time I have spent on specific project and in case of huge projects - on specific package group

That would pretty much solve the case with IntelliJ and other IDE's
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 11:13:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Hi,

We created a project which should help you write a plugin. You will find the code here
www.manictime.com/code/ManicTimePluginTester.zip

It is a Visual Studio 2010 project and Express edition (free) should be enough to use it.

As an example there is a sample plugin for Notepad. Notepad has titles like 'filename - Notepad'. So for this plugin we just parse the title and take the first part as filename. You can use almost the same code for what you are trying to do.

The main project is there just so you can test it, you don't need to look a it.
We also copied all ManicTime plugins in the project so by default it will track all apps that MT does. Plugins are in ManicTimePluginTester\bin\Debug\Plugins\

For Eclipse just add another project (class library) and name it 'Plugins.Eclipse'. How you name it is not important, this is the way we name them.

Once you are done, you need to copy the dll to Plugins folder in ManicTimePluginTester\bin\Debug\Plugins\
Main project will go through all dlls in this folder and load all with Plugin attribute. When you are done you also add a plugin to ManicTime by copying it to ManicTime/Plugins folder.

Let me know what you think.

Andrej
Stonos  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 6:04:29 PM(UTC)
Stonos

I'm having problems getting the example Plugins.Notepad plugin to work under ManicTime (it works under ManicTimePluginTester though).
I put the dll into my Plugins folder, but this is what appears in my log file when I start ManicTime:
Quote:
8/11/2010 5:52:41 μμ 1 5516 5 Error loading plugins from file: C:\Program Files (x86)\ManicTime\Plugins\Plugins.Notepad.dll
8/11/2010 5:52:41 μμ 1 5516 5 *** System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information., at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.DirectoryPluginEnumerator.GetPlugins()

Does Plugins.Notepad.dll have to be compiled as an x64 executable for x64 versions of Windows, or has the plugin interface changed since you created this example plugin?

Thanks.
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:14:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Yes, sorry about that, we changed the interface.

Here is the updated project.

www.manictime.com/code/ManicTimePluginTester_v1_4.zip

Stonos  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:25:15 PM(UTC)
Stonos

Thank you, now it's working :)
dj22  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:35:36 PM(UTC)
dj22

Thank you for the link.

I tried loading the project ManicTimePluginTester but I get a message that the project type .csprof is not supported by this version. I downloaded VB express 2010 and got all updates.

Thanks
dj22 attached the following image(s):
manictime error.JPG (56kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:49:31 PM(UTC)
admin

We are using c# so Vs Expres c# should open it. If you would like to use VB I bet there are some tools which convert from cs to vb.
dj22  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:32:50 AM(UTC)
dj22

I've now loaded everything and I wonder if there are a few simple steps for me to change the sample from notepad to adobe acrobat, save as and then copy the dll file as described in the thread.

Thanks
admin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:51:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Sorry for the late response. There is a new version on the server, we included support for Acrobat.

The way this is done is through title parsing. If you want to do it for some other app, take a look at this page

http://www.manictime.com...v13/12/document-timeline

Let me know if you need any more help.
davidem  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:42:34 AM(UTC)
davidem

is there, or can you provide an area for users to contribute document timeline extractors? both the parser form, and .dll projects?
admin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:10:33 AM(UTC)
admin

We could put plugin project on github.
davidem  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 3:22:35 AM(UTC)
davidem

please promote this. nice to not have to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done.

would the kind sir who has already solved the Eclipse extension mind posting it?
admin  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 11:07:56 AM(UTC)
admin

We will post the project on GitHub after the new year.
davidem  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:13:23 PM(UTC)
davidem

has this github depot been published yet? I don't find anything via github search.